Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Creative Limbo ... Still

I woke up this morning with a heavy heart.

I am in creative limbo. I have a number of projects on the go spanning several disciplines – writing, painting, music – and I’m uncertain as to how to divvy up my time. I feel as though everything is coming at me at once and that nothing is getting accomplished. I’m trying to stay small, to stick to doing small tasks. Yet everything feels like a struggle, that I have somehow lost myself.

But this evening I made it to the piano and played through Brahm’s Intermezzo in A Major (stumbling through the middle section). I finished typing up the last page and a half of a new chapter (I write out longhand first drafts).

I have not been able to shake the feeling of being unhinged, knocked off kilter. Yes, I am still struggling to make it through this creative weather but I am not discouraged. My heart feels a little less heavy. I will keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment