Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Slogging Through

This is the hardest part: waiting out the move. I’m in the home-stretch when it comes to packing. There are only 7 business days left for me at the office (hallelujah!). Before I know it I will be settling in to my new digs. But right now the challenge is, it seems, getting through the day. The days seem long, especially at the office where I am no longer engaged. I try to stay focused, but if I am honest with myself, I just don’t care. Physically I am in Ottawa; mentally I have already checked out.

What is helping are the lunches and dinners with friends as we gather to reminisce, catch up, and in an odd way, say au revoir . This is not a sad time. It’s exciting because even though I may not be in Ottawa, the friends I’m meeting up with over the next few days are people who have marked my life, have had a positive influence on me, have encouraged and supported me. It is for that reason that we are saying simply au revoir and not goodbye. Distance will not break these friendships.

My second last Wednesday in Ottawa, and in a short time I will trudge into the office, eager to put that part of my life behind me. A great adventure lies before me so today, as I do everyday, I will keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment