Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm On My Way ...

Nina Simone sings: “I wish I knew how it would feel to be free […]” Today, I think I know.

The sky is a dull grey, some of the sidewalks across the city are still snow-covered and slushy. It is a mild, winter day. People are already complaining about winter – which hasn’t officially arrived – eager for spring to edge its way in. Despite it being mid-December, and Christmas less than two weeks away, I feel like I’m soaking up the sun on a hot August day.

I’m moving. That is, one could argue now, old news. But it finally seems real. Cancelling hydro, phone and internet services, booking movers, signing a new lease, taking pictures down off the walls, resigning from my job – each action takes me one step closer to my new home in Sherbrooke (Quebec). I’m no longer dreaming. The dream is real.

As I move forward, I keep meditating on William Hutchison Murray’s words: “Concerning all acts of initiative or creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.”

I am thankful to be able to keep moving in the direction of my dreams … to have freedom over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment