Monday, November 30, 2009

A New Direction

It happens to everyone. You hear a song and you can’t get it out of your mind. It hangs on like the plague. This week, the song that implanted itself in my mind was the theme song to a 1980s TV show:

Believe it or not
I'm walking on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flying away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me.

Have you guessed the name of the show? The lyrics above are from the theme song to "The Greatest American Hero," which starred William Katt, Robert Culp and Connie Sellecca.

I’m walking on air …

Many people know that in 2010 I will pull up stakes and leave Ottawa. While the decision itself was not an easy one, I know that, at this point in my life, it is the best one. I’ve said it before that I believe in dreams, and I believe that I have remained committed to mine. The pursuit of a dream, as well as that of a great love, is leading me from Ottawa to Sherbrooke in Quebec’s Eastern Townships.

I’m excited about the move – looking for a new place to live, packing up my current abode, getting together with old friends, acquainting myself with a new city. There is, without a doubt, a lot to do in a short period of time. That being said, I’m reminded of William Hutchison Murray’s advice:

“Concerning all acts of initiative or creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.”

That’s why I feel like I’m walking on air. I feel Providence moving about. And now, heading in a “new” direction, I will keep on keeping on no matter what may come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment