Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Road Less Travelled By ...

Henry David Thoreau wrote: “If one advances confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”

Over the last number of years, I have been moving confidently in the direction of my dreams. Sometimes there have been great highs, other times there have been mighty valleys to wade through, but I have kept on slowly and steadily.

For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been standing where two roads diverge. But unlike Robert Frost, I’m not sorry that I cannot travel both. For when I “looked down as far as I could,” one road, flooded, waters as high as the knee, the sun still shone bright with possibility and hope. The other road, like on a cool February day, was steep in snow through which a path had been trod.

Here, like Robert Frost, I will take “the road less traveled by,” for I do believe that it will make all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. wow - I love "the sun still shone bright with possibility and hope" - what an inpiring message. I can't wait to follow your path through your words.

    ReplyDelete